Create Custom Page
This guide will show you how to create your own Custom Pages.
They allow you to be creative and add your own personal style to your site.
Log In > Pages
Log in to your Format account.
Click Pages and Create New > Custom Page.
Create New Custom Page
Select Custom Page
A dropdown menu will appear, select Custom Page.
Choose a customizable template
You can view 'All' at once or select a tab to narrow down the options:
- About for your 'About Me/Us' page,
- Contact has prebuilt Contact Message forms for sending you enquiries,
- Resume for including details about yourself, your achievements, education, work experience etc.
- Story for essays with photos.
Selecting a [ Blank Template ] will allow you to add your own Sections in the order you want, making it a truly Custom Page.
Hover over thumbnail for more details
Tip: Hovering over a thumbnail will make it scroll showing you more of the pages design/layout.
Start Editing Your Custom Page
1. Give your page a Title and change out the other headings, sub-headings and text with your own words.
2. Replace our images with your own (more info on how to do this further down the page).
Add a New Section
The template page you have selected may not look exactly how you want it to.
You can Add Sections to the page to make it look more the way you want.
Add a 'Text' Section
HTML Blocks are only available on Pro and Agency Plans.
Add an 'Images' Section
Images are a very important part of your Format portfolio site and adding an Images Section allows you to include different options without, or with text.
Add a 'Forms' Section
Using one of our prebuilt Contact Forms is a great way of making it easy for viewers to contact you.
Any messages sent will go to your Format Account email address.
Add a 'Dividers' Section
These allow you to separate sections of content or decorate your page.
Change Section Order or Delete Unwanted Sections
1. By hovering over a Section on the left-hand site you will see a light 'slider' graphic appear.
Click-and-drag up or down to change the section ordering on your page.
2. You can also delete a Section by hovering over the top right corner and clicking the 'X' icon.
Delete Section Warning
You will be shown a Warning before you delete a section, just to make sure!
Save Your Page
As you work on your Custom Page it is important to 'Save' regularly
Change Images Shape
We allow you to select a different shape for your images.
The choices are:
- Original (uncropped)
We have more information on how to work with images on Custom Pages here.
You can change our sample images for your own.
Either Upload new images from your computer or Import from any of the other pages within your site (including this page).
Create a Link from an Image
Click on the image you want to set a link from and the tool bar will appear as shown above.
Click on the 'Link' icon
This will allow you to set an image to link to a Page, Website or even to send an email message.
This is also a great way of making your own Listing Pages where you aren't constrained to using our template.
Link to a Page
In a way similar to how Listing Pages work, you can now make an image link through to another page within your site.
Link to a Website
This is great to use if you want to link to another website of yours or someone else's.
Please ensure the URL you add is correct and that you test it out.
Start an Email Application to Send an Email
You can also create a link that will start the viewers email application (if they have one installed and configured).
Please ensure the email address is correct and that you test it out.
Before finishing your page and making it available for everyone to see it is important to check the Settings are set correctly:
- Add or edit the Title if you haven't already added one.
- Type a URL for your page and click Save (it is best practice to use lowercase letters and must be separated with a hyphen '-'
- Add a Description this is unique for this page and is used to assist with search engine optimization (SEO)
- Set Hide to OFF to make this page show on your Site Menu
Note: More information on Search Engine Optimization can be found here
You can now view your Custom Page and any links you have set and switch back to the editing mode to make any corrections!
Your Custom Page should now be ready to show the world!
Still Have Questions?
Please email email@example.com and a member of the Format team will get back to you with an answer.
We offer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We respond to every single support email within one day and typically get back to you within a couple hours.
Have a Feature Idea?
We love hearing your ideas and we're constantly evaluating what features to add next based on your feedback.
Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org