At Format we are focused on creating online products that improve the lives of creative professionals around the world. Our flagship product, Format.com, makes it easy to build a professional portfolio website. Tens of thousands of creative professionals worldwide use our platform to beautifully showcase their work online, attract clients, and grow their careers.
We’re seeking an empathetic and passionate individual to establish user experience research as a function at Format. Intrinsically, you should have a deep desire to help people and excel at defining and communicating their problems and goals. As our first dedicated user experience researcher, you must have a high comfort level working within a self-directed culture and can work effectively cross-department in problem spaces that are occasionally incomplete or ambiguous.
- BS/MS in human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, or relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years of qualitative research experience with a variety of research methods and related digital tools: ethnographic studies, usability testing, interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry and knowledge of when to use them
- Experience with Jobs To Be Done methodology would be a plus
Your role at Format
- Work across the entire team (product, marketing, design, customer success, and data) to incorporate and validate their insights into the product development process
- Own how our customer insights are captured and shared to inform strategy and cultivate empathy throughout Format
- Confidently present data-driven findings and prioritized, actionable recommendations to project stakeholders and the company at large
- Recruit users for testing, planning test scripts, and running unbiased user interviews
- Design, run, and analyze surveys and other quantitative research
- Develop insights from internal tools (support interactions, surveying, Fullstory, data warehouse)
- Conduct ethnographic research to define customer segments and buying personas
- Trend hunting within the marketplace, community forums, and competitors
- Conduct short, iterative studies and return results quickly
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights that will inform and inspire design
- Develop insights to drive data analysis and qualify existing data analysis through user interviews and feedback
Life at Format:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else
We frequently celebrate hitting milestones with company-wide events. Take a peek at our company culture on our
team Instagram account
- You’ll have the flexibility to work from home (or wherever there’s a good internet connection)
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible vacation policy
- We have paid benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- Some of our in-office perks include: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need
How to apply:
This is a full-time position. Preference will be given to candidates based in Toronto but we’re open to hiring the right remote candidate.
To apply, please fill out
this very simple form.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.