Photographers are perpetual students: no matter where you are in your career, it’s always a good time to learn more, get inspired, spruce up your portfolio, or polish your business skills. That’s why we created the ultimate ebook for photographers, the Format Photography Resource Guide.
The reality of being a creative professional involves a lot more than the average person realizes. In this ebook, we provide valuable skills, tools, and resources for every aspect of professional photography, giving you the building blocks you need to create the practice or career you dream of. By providing your email address, you’ll get this comprehensive resource in your inbox so you can start using it today.
What’s inside the ebook?
When we say comprehensive, we mean it. Whatever aspect of your photography career has you feeling stuck, you’ll find tools and valuable insights in the Format Photography Resource Guide to help you level-up your career. Let’s take a look at what you can expect in its pages:
- Essential photography skills: Learn some of the most important photography skills that every photographer should master. You’ll find online courses and resources to help you develop and refine each of these critical pro photographer skills. No matter how many years you’ve been shooting for, mastering and refining the foundational skills of your craft will help you create work you’re truly proud of.
- Software and equipment: Get familiar with the software and equipment that make up the professional photographer’s toolkit, from the basic to the highly specialized. Whether you’re just starting to build your kit or you’re adding on equipment to make your life easier, find a rundown of the tools of the trade here.
- Document your work: Learn how to ace every shoot by knowing the best ways to capture product, art or designs for your creative portfolio. Gain insights that will help you take consistently better pictures.
- Finding inspiration: Never feel short on inspiration again by getting familiar with techniques and tricks for fostering and maintaining the creative spark throughout your career as a photographer. To be successful, you need to be able to reliably produce great work, not just when you happen to feel organically inspired. By training yourself to think and observe the world around you creatively, you can tap into that creative flow with ease.
- Building your online portfolio: Understand why an online portfolio is a no-brainer if you want clients to book your services. Plus, gain insights into exactly how to create a stunning, compelling portfolio using Format. Create a home on the web that helps you put your best foot forward professionally.
- Building your brand: Master the side of creative life that many photographers struggle with: professional branding, self-promotion, and networking. Learn how to build your network of clients, become a social media whiz, and build a business you’re proud of.
From front to back, the Format Photography Resource Guide is packed with practical tips and expert advice on enhancing your creative skills from pros who have been exactly where you are. What sets successful photographers apart is often their willingness to learn continuously and to commit themselves to ongoing improvement. In this ebook, you’ll find a wide range of ways to do just that.
Who can benefit from this ebook?
Our resource guide is a comprehensive toolkit tailored to meet the diverse needs of creative professionals of all stripes. Here’s who the guide is for:
- Aspiring photographers: If you’re just stepping into the world of photography, this guide offers a solid foundation. You’ll gain access to essential photography skills, understand the tools of the trade, and learn how to effectively capture your subjects. It’s your first step towards becoming a skilled photographer.
- Amateur photographers: For those who’ve already dabbled in photography but seek to enhance their skills, the ebook provides opportunities to refine your craft. Discover advanced techniques, equipment recommendations, and tips on consistently producing great work. You’ll be leveling up your skills in no time.
- Working professional photographers: Even seasoned pros can benefit. Improve your business by mastering the art of building your brand and expanding your client network. Plus, with insights on creating a more compelling online portfolio, you can give your online presence a refresh.
- Artists and designers: Creativity crosses disciplines. Artists and designers can learn how to document their work effectively, whether it’s painting, sculpting, or crafting. This ebook will guide you in capturing the essence of your creations through the lens, and give you tips for boosting your creative business.
- Students: Even if you don’t plan to dip your toes into the professional side of photography yet, you can deepen your understanding of photography through the tips and resources available in this ebook. Focus on the sections that are most relevant to you as a photography student.
No matter where you are in your creative professional life, you can also tap into the expansive Format global community to reach the next stage in your career. Through Format, you can showcase your work to a wider audience and find tools, inspiration, and opportunities for business growth.
Format: Empowering creatives
At Format, we’re focused on one goal: empowering creatives. For years, we’ve been committed to providing a platform that supports artists, photographers, designers, and other creative professionals to showcase their work in the most compelling way possible. Our platform is a lot more than just a portfolio site builder: it’s a dedicated space for creative expression, professional development, business operations, with a thriving global community of creatives to boot.
To help creatives take their careers to new heights, we’ve added Workflow to all plans. Combined with the added ability to include PDF file transfers, this tool transforms the experience for both you and your clients, making it easier than ever to collaborate with your customers and manage your business in one convenient place.
This suite of easy to use business tools are free with every plan, and include:
- Stunning, branded client galleries for straightforward communication and easier upsells
- Simple, secure file transfers
- Project management tools including client overviews, project notes, and more
- Client databases with tagging capabilities
- Secure, convenient contracts that can be signed online
- Around the clock support
From creating a gorgeous online portfolio to giving you tools to run your day to day business more efficiently, Format has what you need to build and manage your creative career.
Sign up to get the Format Photography Resource Guide
Ready to take your creative career to the next level? With guidance on every step of the professional photographer’s journey, from mastering the skills and tools needed to create stunning images, to staying inspired, to expanding and managing your brand, this ebook is the comprehensive resource you’ve been looking for.
Provide your email to sign up now, and get the Format Photography Resource Guide delivered straight to your inbox instantly. Your email won’t be shared with anyone else.